Tampere Peace Research Institute
- 1999 Université Lille 2
I am a senior researcher at the Tampere Peace Research Institute, Tampere University, Finland. My primary areas of expertise are gender and conflicts, diaspora politics, conflict prevention and conflict analysis more generally.
As a senior researcher in peace and conflict studies I perform the following tasks:
– Coordination of a MA in Peace, Mediation and Conflict Research
– Supervision of MA and PhD theses
– Organisation and delivery of research-led teaching
– Writing of articles, book chapters, monographs, and edition of collective publications
– Participation in conferences, workshops, seminars
– Fieldwork in conflict areas
– Mentoring of young researchers
– Working at the policy research interface
I graduated from Sciences Po Grenoble in 1994, and enrolled for a PhD in Political Science at the University of Lille II. After defending my PhD in 1999, I worked for 5 years in a research centre in Paris. I was then recruited as a senior lecturer at Sciences Po Lille.
Looking for new challenges, I left a few years afterwards, in order to work as a senior lecturer at the University of Kent (UK), where I stayed for 6 years. Since 2015 I have been working as a senior researcher at the Tampere Peace Research Institute in Finland, whose profile is closer to my research interests. If you are interested in a research career in peace and conflict studies, feel free to contact me!