- 2005 Doctorat Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- 1994 Bachelor UCL – University College London
- Esprit critique
at SIRIS Academic we help public institutions think better about what they do and why they do it. We combine traditional strategic consulting approaches with in-depth expertise and data analytics. We are research-driven and fairly idealistic.
I rarely have a typical day but my tasks typically include:
– brainstorming with our team. This is fun because we come from a wide range of backgrounds, speak different languages and have different fields of expertise
– playing the devil’s advocate at meetings with a group of French university presidents
– writing reports on a wide range of topics (how is research financed in different countries?, what does the Chinese system of higher education look like?, will French grande écoles still exist in 15 years time? can you compare Boston, London and Paris?, etc).
I was trained as an archaeologist (University College London and Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne) and worked for many years in Uzbekistan, at a time of great socio-economic crisis. I then spent a few years as a professor at Barcelona University before creating SIRIS Academic with a couple of friends.
I have never thought about what was the « right career path » or about how to « earn money » but I guess you could say that I am an entrepreneur.
Feel free to contact me if you want to know more about my job,