- 2016 MBA in Supply Chain Management Western Illinois University
- 2015 Bachelor in Finance & Management INSEEC
- 2015 Bachelor of Science in Management Linköping University
- Process analysis
- Language skills
I am a procurement manager in France.
Procurement is part of supply chain management which consists in supplying components, goods…your organisation needs by buying at the right time, in the right quantity and delivered at the right place. If you buy too many goods you will end up with a lot of stock that cost money to receive, keep and destroy for instance. On the other end if you do not order enough you have a shortage and you will be losing money.
This often is an international position where you are in direct contact suppliers from wherever you company is buying goods.
Daily responsibilities include:
– Manage a team of 8 people working in procurement: weekly meetings, career developments…
– Monitor stock levels & accuracy
– Monitor purchase orders and supplier’s performance delivery (Has your supplier delivered the right goods, is there a missing item…)? If you don’t control production or customer orders might be impacted.
– Ensure goods are delivered to the right place where there is a need (in this case we work in a push system)
– Project management (improvement of supply flows, new product, implementation of a new information system…)
– Demand planning (order prediction): in a previous job I was in charge of forecasting demand.
I graduated from Western Illinois University in 2016 with a major in Supply Chain Management after a few years studying in France at INSEEC Business School, Sweden and in the USA.
I started my professional career in Austria & Germany working in the automotive industry and international transport.
I then moved back to Paris and worked in the robotics industry and then in a food tech startup. I am now starting a new challenge in the baby food industry at Blédina, Danone.
Supply chain enabled me to switch industries from automotive to robotics and to food tech’s. In Supply Chain you can directly see the impact your missions have on production lines and on customer services. It is a very logical yet open field with diverse positions and profiles. Sustainable supply chains are also essential to current and future challenges to face climate change.
Feel free to contact me if you want to know more about my job