- 1997 University of Cambridge
- 1989 Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
- 1979 Haverford College
As Director, Standards at ChargePoint, Inc. I manage a team of engineers who create worldwide standards for the electric vehicle charging industry.
My main duties are:
– setting strategy and plans for standards development
– directing my team of standards engineers
– coordinating efforts with industry and government stakeholders
Working as a software developer/engineer and business development manager, I knew the power of standards to shape technologies and industries. I started contributing to standards development as a technical expert, then naturally became interested in the goals and operations of SDOs/SSOs (Standard Development/Setting Organizations). Standards can be strategically important in emerging industries like electric vehicle charging; they also help support the safe construction and operation of products and systems. Please feel free to contact me if you’re thinking about getting involved in standards development – in any industry!