Publications/Medical Communications Professional
- 2004 PhD in Immunology Université Paris-Sud 11
- Inter personal communication skills
- Strategic thinking
- Writing skills
- Detail oriented
I am a Medical Communications Professional specialised in publication management. I work as an independent consultant providing medical communications services to the pharmaceutical industry.
A Publications Manager is responsible for:
1. Scientific communication strategy of the products in development: with the product teams he/she identifies which scientific conferences and journals to target for communicating about the product, as well as what to communicate and how.
2. Development and quality of scientific publications: he/she manages the development of the product teams’ scientific publications by providing professional writing support and ensuring compliance with the international Good Publication Practices (GPP) and internal publication process.
3. Training on publication practice and process: he/she trains the product teams on GPP and internal publication process.
After obtaining a PhD in immunology from Paris Sud University and two postdoctoral positions (in immunology/vaccinology) in London (UK), I moved into the pharmaceutical industry starting as a senior scientist in a biotech company near Oxford (UK). After two years I decided to stop lab work and explore other opportunities in industry and integrated a medical communications agency in Amsterdam (Netherlands). I then moved to the ‘client’ side and worked as a Global Publications Manager in a large pharmaceutical company (Lyon, France). I have now set up my own company and provides diverse medical communications services to the industry.
I would be happy to tell you more about medical communications and the different opportunities you can find within a pharmaceutical company.
I look forward to meeting you.